Monday, December 10, 2007

Where Is The Tree?

so my daughter has been asking this question for quite sometime & my response has been the same & will be the same for awhile. "we don't need a tree cause we will be spending the holidays in DR with Abuelita." I refuse to buy a tree for one year when I have officially decided that we will spend the holidays with Mommy in DR, or in Worcester w/Mister {Dad}, or with my Godmother/Godsister.

I do decorate the door and put up lights around the window & decorate a corner in which the gifts will go but I will not buy a tree. my mother says that I am just lazy...I am a huge fan of putting the tree up & decorating but I have always hated taken it down & then having to put everything in its place. Lala has opted for a "real tree" {pine trees} but I cannot stand the smell of pine. It makes my nose itch & really not in the mood to be sneezing while @ home trying to relax.

So I have started buying gifts & hope to be done with all the shopping by the 22nd. I always start shopping early cause their is just not enough hours in a day to do everything. Especially if you have to be running around the City with an 8 year old. Always wanting to eat, go to the bathroom, touching, bringing things up too you to buy & let's not get into taking her into Toys' R Us. Last night, I told Vincent {her father} that he needs to go & buy her gifts without me cause I really didn't want to step into that store after hours. So he is going early on Friday morning to shop then take the gifts to my house & hide them under the bed. Once she's asleep, I'll be able to wrap them & this year most of her gifts are going to be under the name "Lisa". Reason being is that when she sees her name on a gift, she stays near the gifts & starts shaking, guessing, & begging to open. Not in the mood.

So next year, I hope to be spending the holidays in DR again. Parties are non-stop for a whole week day & night. A Christmas Eve dinner is crazy because last year I was invited to so many houses that I felt bad just spending 30 mins. in each house. I told Mommy that we should have Christmas dinner @ her house & invite the family over. She looked @ me like I had 10 heads, not my fault that she has 12 brothers & sisters & they have family. We will cross our fingers & pray that she changes her mind. I think we should do it @ my Grandmother's house but we will have to see.

As for the tree, I will be buying one this year but it's not for me. It's to ship to DR for my mother's house. For now, Lala will have to enjoy the tree @ Rockefeller Center & @ my Godmother's & Godsister's house since we will be spending the Christmas & my Godmother's & New Year's @ my Godsister's.

1 comentarios:

missymey said...

how about a mini tree for her to put in her room. erick had one of those when he was a bachlelor in nyc. very cute--and she could be responsible for taking it down after the holidays.