Monday, June 25, 2007

Lala has Left the Country


So remember when I said that Lala was going to the Dominican Republic for the summer. Well my dear gentes, she left Saturday morning. I on the other hand was to tired to feel anything especially since I know that she's in good hands when she gets "home".

We got to the airport @ 4:40 am and check-in is off the hook, for unaccompany minors {UNM}..we did not have to wait on line, just fill out the form and go straight to check-in, I get a temp/ boarding pass which allows me to stay w/Lala till she boards the plane. Bought her some fruit and a bottle water and by 5:45 am she was checked in and was boarding the plane. Everyone boarded the plane by 6:15 am and off @ exactly 6:30 am. I called my mother to let her know that Lala was on the plane and that she lands @ 10:15 am {maybe earlier}. After that I have to wait 30 mins. after the plane has taken off to go home. Got home made some breakfast and went straight to bed. Woke up @ 10:23 am and waited a few mins. before calling Mommy to see if she had Lala. By 10:45 am, my mother had Lala and off they went to the supermarket and then home. My poor mother lost her keys and the damn car broke down 2 towns away from the house. They had to take a motorcycle to my Aunt's house and then waited for someone to pick them up and take the suitcase and them home.
I ended up taking another nap @ around 2:30 pm and woke up @ 9:43 pm..
jumped out of bed to call Lala because I knew she was going to wonder why I hadn't called her. My mother was wondering why I hadn't called earlier and I explained why, then I had to explain the same story to Lala. Of course, she was too busy talking to her cousin to listen to me and then had the nerve to tell me to call her tomorrow and that she was going to put my mother back on the phone cause she was doing something.

The house is finally quiet and it's kinda of getting to me, but just give me a few days and I will be out and about. The best time for me to get home is after 10 cause all I have to do is go home, take a shower, read a book and go to sleep. This is how I manage to make time fly for me. Not to worry, I'll be home in August..chilling with my family, friends & my man.

BTW, American Airlines new terminal is brand new and looking sharp. It actually looks like an airport and some old abandon grey, cold building. It's still cold and we all know that I hate air conditioners.

2 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

I miss our lil gurl too Boo Boo! Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you while she's away!

missymey said...

lala is going to have so much fun!

she is such a big girl for going by herself!!