Sunday, April 13, 2008

Working on 10 hrs. of sleep & it's only Thursday

Up early monday morning thinking about my cousin's sudden death. That had me tossing & turning all throughout the night & well into the wee morning. Was officially up @ 4:45 so that I can be ready by 6 (Becker is on) & then wake up Lala @ 6:30. Went to work, had an ok day; my co-worker & I aren't speaking. She's worst then people Lala's age (8). And I am simply returning the favor by ignoring her ass.

Afterwork, picked up Lala then to mommy's house for a quick bite & then off to the wake. So many people there, family, friends, his co-workers from the Stataion Police Dept. & his motorcycle buddies. His dad gave such a heartwarming speech that almost everyone shed a tear-even the men.Tuesday, had to wake up early cause mommy had to go back to pre-surgical testing & we didn't leave there til about 2. Once we got home, we had a late lunch then had to run some errands w/her. Vincent picked up Lala so all I had to was straighten up, cook, get everything together for tomorrow, help Lala w/ her homework & try to relax.

Sleeping was a problem because I kept thinking about the funeral that we missed that morning & just remembering the smile that Dave always had. Wondering how life goes on even when there is one less in the family, about how his parents are handling it, about what if I lost my parents/vice versa. Basically, just making myself crazy w/thoughts. Tried watching tv but I didn't focus, went to bed around 3 & had to be up by 5.Wednesday, usual morning routine.

Afterwork, pick up Lala & off to mommy's because tomorrow is the day of surgery. Didn't much sleep either due to dumbass neighbors screaming & yelling @ 2 in the fucking morning. At first, I thought it was a fight but when I didn't see anyone/thing, figurered it had to be neighbors.

That went on for about an hour & so minutes.Got to the hospital by 6:50 & she had to be there by 7:30. They did whatever they needed to do w/her before surgery. Finally @ about 10 something the Doctor came in & got here. Reminded him that he better take good care of my mommy & he reminded me that he did the last time. That lefted me a little @ ease. Got to work by noon, left @ 5, picked up Lala & went straight to mommy, who was still in recovery. She finally got a room about 8, Lala & I stood w/her for a little while longer @ least until her phone & tv were on.

{A post for Thursday, but as you can tell I've been to been to remember to post}

0 comentarios: