Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkin Picking on Columbus' Birthday

So like Monday was a holiday & Lala has no school but I had to work. I dropped her off @ school & ask Leslie (afterschool teacher) where are they taking them today. She tells me that they are going pumpkin picking & that the parents are more then welcome to join so I decided to pay the $10.00 & play hooky from work-I mean hey, my Pooka wanted me to go & I wanted to go as well.. Haven't been done this in awhile.Getting on the bus brought back memories from my youth. From all the noise, to kids sitting up from their seats yelling over others head, to the sing along songs, laughter of jokes & even kids getting sick, hungry & having to pee & of course the long ass ride. As soon as we got there all the kids went running to the port-a-potty after that it was off to get wristbands then onto the hayrides to pick out pumpkins. The hayride was nice & scenic but my ass needed a massage as soon as we were done. We got to see a pig & goat race, had lunch, ate Kettle Korn, went into the hunted house, the kids got to paint their pumpkins & then the kids played in the park till it was time to go. All in all, it was a nice day & I would do it again because the look of thanks on Lala's was priceless & it was the first trip I had attended since she's been there.
pics. will be available @ a later date..will keep you posted.

0 comentarios: