Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lala's in the Dominican Republic

once again Lala has left NY & has returned to her annual summer location--The Dominican Republic. Lord the issue I went through Monday night I hope will be the first & last time that ever happens to me/us again. So here's what happended, Monday night I call Mommy to remind her that Lala is leaving tomorrow morning {not like she would have forgotten} & to give her Lala's flight schedule. As I am reading her the info I come across the date & it says "6 Jul 09", I scream & ask Vincent "what's today, what date is it today" Vincent tells me that it's the 6. I start freaking out because Lala was to be scheduled for the 7th of July. He tells me to calm down & Mommy is on the other line asking me what happended, I tell her that I have to call her back. I call JetBlue & try to see what can be done because I swore I booked her flight for Tuesday & not Monday. She tells me that Lala can get on the night flight @ 10:15 & they will only charge me $100.00 for the change. That my dear is not going to work because my mother will not be on the road after midnight because where we live {in the deep country} there are no street lights & she's not a fan of Dominican drivers or there roads. So I ask her if she can get on tomorrow's flight and on the first one since that was the original plan, she said that that would be possible but that JetBlue doesn't hold seats, so I have to purchase the ticket soon as it's an almost full flight. I called Mommy & explained what happended & she said to pay whatever it cost & not to worry {what a grandmother does for her grandchild, amazing}. I call my cousin so that he can drive us to the airport & purchase the ticket for $210.00 {Lala didn't want to leave the following week & Mommy already had Lala's favorite foods done for her}. We all go downstairs to wait for my cousin {elevator was broken--again}, I told Vincent to go home because he has to be @ work early in the morning & we went straight to JFK Airport, told my cousin that he didn't have to wait because it was going to take long & he needs to be making money {he's a cab driver}. It was best to go to the airport that night because the ticket price would have gone up. Once all that was done, we jumped on AirTrain & ended up getting off @ the wrong station, so we had to wait for the other one to come & get off @ Federal Circle Station to go downstairs & catch the other AirTrain to Howard Beach. My dad calls & is wondering why I haven't called back, told him I was waiting for my train, then Mommy calls & asks if Lala is going to be on the first flight on Tuesday & I tell her yes.

We get home @ midnight {thank God they fixed the elevator} & I tell Lala to go straight to bed because she has to be up @ 3:30 am. We both go to sleep, I wake up first & get ready because after I leave JFK I'm going to work, wake her up so she can get ready, my cousin calls me @ 3:50 to tell me that he's on his way & I tell him that I will wait for him downstairs. I hull the suitcases to the front of the elevators & wouldn't you believe it---the motherfucking elevators was broken--AGAIN. Dammit, I live on the 18th floor, so you know I'm already pissed--I take the biggest suitcase, mine & Lala's purse, Lala is holding her small carry-on case & small duffle bag & start down the damn stairs. My cousin is already there & asks "what's wrong" so I tell him all he can say is "damn, I feel for you". We finally get to the airport, Lala get's checked in, I get my pass & we proceed to the gate. I take Lala to the bathroom & get her breakfast because JetBlue doesn't feed their passengers & she's not really a fan of airplan food. Finally, it's boarding time--kids & wheelchair bound passengers first. I have to stick around the airport until the flight takes off {it's a policy, just in case the plane turns around}. After the flight takes off, I jump on AirTrain to the A train & go straight to work, I got in @ 8 am & passed out for 45 mins.

0 comentarios: